As there are differences in SAP technology components along with evolution of SAP software there are also different SAP upgrade tools. Let me share short overview of them within this post.
Upgrade GUI is user interface where you can see the upgrade phases/progress via roadmap steps. With this tool you can perform Combined Upgrade (CU) and Unicode Conversion (UC) as well.
Learn here more about the enhancement package concept which is the first of its kind in the industry, offering customers greater long-term value and an easier methodology for managing software innovations.
- Release upgrade (major release change)
- System update (EHP installation)
- applying Support Packages (SPs) / Support Package Stacks
- applying Java patches
- correction of installed software information
- SAPehpi: SAP Enhancement Package Installer
- SAPup: tool for upgrading ABAP-based systems
- SAPJup: tool for upgrading Java-based systems
- JSPM: Java Support Package Manager
- CEupdateManager: tool for updating Composition Environment systems
- SolManUp: tool for updating and upgrading SAP Solution Manager systems
- SUM 1.0 SP10 is available since March 2013
SPAM and SAINT are hosted directly by ABAP AS and therefore are platform in depended.